Friday, May 2, 2014

I am now a stay at home mom...

I originally intended for my last day to be May 30th, my daughters last day of school. It didn't work out that way.

This past week I worked a ton of hours at work (a monthly occurrence) for month end. Yesterday I worked from 8:00 am to about midnight, with only a half hour lunch break. It is the same every month. So today I went into work expecting to carry on for the next month. I was told that I had a meeting with my manager at 3:00. They sent every one home in our group except me. Odd, I thought.

I went into the meeting expecting to discuss the monthly training plan. Instead, I sat down and my manager told me that they decided to accept my resignation, effective immediately. I was shocked at first, but then it dawned on me that it is business as usual.

They felt that it was best for them to make a clean break and not waste anyone's time over the next month. OK?!?!? I didn't think that would happen, but that was their opinion. They said that they wish me the best and think I made the right choice to go into teaching. It was rather cordial. They did say that the reason they sent people home was because they were unsure as to how I would react. Like what, I am going to explode at people? No, I save that for the inner struggle I fight every day.

So here I am. A stay at home mom. What I have always wanted to be. I am terrified. I am excited. I know this is the best for everyone. I will finally be able to focus on losing weight. Spend time with my family. Work toward my M.A. in Education. I have learned so much the past year and I have no doubt we will be OK. But dang...its hard going from "employee" to ME. Do you know what I mean?

I will be blogging more now, showing you what it is like going from working mom to home mom. I hope we both enjoy the ride. Thank you for coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment