Monday, May 5, 2014

Emotional day

I was able to go on Sarah's class field trip today. It was my first. I about lost it in tears watching her with all the other kids in the 1st grade. It was a dream come true for me. My previous job required me to work really long hours most weeks. I didn't have the luxury of taking time to go on field trips. Most of my PTO time was taken up with sick time and the rare vacation. To be able to be with my girl on a field trip was Golden.

It was Bekah's last day at her preschool. I balled my eyes out in the car after picking her up. The preschool she attended was the best around. Of course it cost a pretty penny too. But I felt like I was a failure, not being able to provide the best schooling for her. I am not saying I won't be able to provide for her at home, but we are made to feel guilty as moms for staying home. We are made to feel guilty for going to work. It is a no win situation.

I am very grateful for being able to stay home with the girls now. I know it was only day one and it will be a lot of work being home with them, but work I enjoy. Tonight I was able to put a healthy meal on the table, clean up and then cuddle on the couch with the family. I didn't have to worry about trying to squeeze housework into the 1/2 hour between the time I got home and bedtime. It was so nice.

So while it was an emotional day, it was a good day. I look forward to tomorrow and all the days to come. I might even be able to watch a few of Sarah's friends every now and then this summer to make a little extra cash. We shall see.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment