Sunday, April 27, 2014

When you start doubting...

As you know, I gave my notice at my work. A place I have been for 8 years. Overall, it has been a great experience. They have taught me so much and given me great opportunities. However, it was not what I wanted to be doing for the rest of my life. Hubby and I decided that it was a great time for me to fulfill my dream of becoming a teacher. To do that I had to give my notice and go back to school.

I have gotten mixed responses from friends and family. They all thought that it was wonderful that I am going back to school, but very few are supportive of me quitting my job to do it. All of these well meaning comments sent me into a panic, wondering if I was doing the right thing.

I believe that God will whisper in your ear about what you need to be doing. If you don't listen, he nudges you. Then if you still do not listen, he throws you against a wall to try to get you to listen. Once I made the decision to quit and move forward with school, it was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

Then as the days went on, I started to wonder if it really was the right thing to do. Maybe I should stay working and find a way to do school in the off hours. This would leave me no time with my family. It would not sold the daycare expense issue. But change is hard. You wonder if what you are doing is right. Well, I believe God sent me a message this week.

Some changes are being made at work that are making it very difficult to be in that environment. I thought that maybe I was being oversensitive (huh me? no way). So I asked a few of my co-workers how they felt about the situation. I heard from all of them that they were very upset about the recent happenings. One told me she feels she would be happier working at Wally World, than working were we do. I feel that it was God's way of showing me that it is time to move on. I have gotten what I needed from my current job. Time to fly and fulfill my dream.

I want to thank my siblings for showing such support in this difficult decision. It means the world to me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment