Thursday, May 22, 2014

I won't lie...this week has been tough, good but tough

I have been having a bit of a tough time this week. Hubby was off on Monday due to feeling under the weather. He had to work extra hours the rest of the week to make up for the amount of work he needed to do. Needless to say, this left me with the girls all day long. It was tough.

I wonder if hubby wanted to show me what he had been doing for the past 8 years. It is not fun. Not fun. Not fun. Did I say it is not fun?

I would not say that this is a normal week for us, so I have to give myself a break. Just because I didn't do all that I did last week, does not mean I am failing at this. Heck, I have only been home for three weeks. I think the fact that the house isn't a total wreck, the kids are safe and clean, and we have had home made meals most nights, mean I am a success. Right?

Have I been all cheery and happy when hubby comes home at 7:00 or 7:30 at night? Have I wanted to listen to his workplace antics? Have I been the most patient when my two year old decides to exert her dominance over her older sister? Nope. Not at all. But then again, that does not mean I am a failure. I call it being human.

What have I learned this week? Take a bubble bath when the youngest is napping. It is some really good me time. To heck with the lunch dishes, I can do them later. I also learned that if I take her out for a good play in the morning, those naps are a whole lot easier.

I also learned to do one big cleaning project a week. I do not have to tackle it all. If I do one closet that is excellent. I do not have to do the other closets so they "match". Yes, I am that OCD.

It is also more than OK to grill hot dogs for dinner, instead of having a gourmet meal every night. Heck, throw them with some Ramen and the girls eat it up.

One more thing, don't assume hubby took the dog out before he left for work. Poor puppy was floating at 11:00 when the youngest and I got back from the park.

So that is what I have learned this week. Next week will be just as hectic as this one, since hubby is off again on Monday. I will get through it. Oh yes I will. I wouldn't have it any other way. I treasure this time with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment