Thursday, May 29, 2014

School just about over...

I have had a wonderful month with my youngest. It was a great way for the two of us to bond without my oldest. You may think, oh how horrible. Don't you love both of them? Yes I do. But my oldest is very clingy. When I try to cuddle my youngest, she will but in and take over the cuddle.

I was very attached to my youngest when she was first born. When I went back to work, she was still a mamma's girl. However, when my hubby lost his job the first time, she became a daddy's girl very quickly. I ended up working more and more and seeing the girls less and less.

My oldest and I would go grocery shopping and run other errands together. So we had our alone time. But my youngest and I didn't have that time together. She grew closer and closer to daddy, only wanting me for a short time before bed. If she fell down and hurt her knee, she would run to daddy. I could do nothing for her.

For the past month this has all changed. She and I have shared lots of cuddles, play time and regained that bond we shared when she was a baby. It has been wonderful.

Big Sis has one more half day of school, then it is just me and the girls. I look forward to spending time with both of them. Fridays will be our field trip days. We will go to a museum or the zoo. Maybe even the beach. The rest of the time we will probably be spending it at the zoo, or walking around a mall.

I am also happy that one of Sarah's friends will be coming over once a week for play dates. It will be good for her to have someone her own age to have "big kid" play time.

Wish me luck on a summer with both girls. I have been praying for it for so long, I hope I am up for it. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment