Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Day in the Life of a Stay at Home Mom

I thought I would share what a typical day is for me, in my new role as a stay at home mom. It is not glamorous. Neither do I sit around all day and watch TV or search the net.

6:30-7:00 am - Make lunches for school, make sure kiddos are fed breakfast, get them dressed and teeth brushed

7:30 - eldest is off to school. Throw in a load of laundry, start dishwasher, make beds and pick up house.

Remainder of morning -

Do chore of the day. Either bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, changing sheets on beds, etc.

Interact with youngest - play, work on talking, colors, shapes, etc. Wednesdays is library story time at 9:00. Friday mornings is Gymboree time. Other days we will go for a walk with the dog and explore nature.

11:30 - lunch time

12:15 - 2:30 - nap time. Usually this is when I take a shower and have some downtime. I blog. Watch a "grown up" show, like Bones or NCIS. I continue to do laundry and pick up the house.

2:45 - leave to pick up oldest from school. Run an errand or two. During the summer, this time will be used to go to the pool for awhile.

3:30 Get home, help daughter do homework. Let them play independently while I unload dishwasher and start to get dinner together.

5:15 - hubby comes home. Listen to him talk about his day.

6:00 - Dinner time!

7:00 - Bath time!

8:00 - Bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment