Monday, March 3, 2014

Eating Right and Menu Planning - I NEED HELP!

I am trying to lose the 70 pounds that I have gained this past year. Eating a ton of fast food and shoving my mouth with candy has done a number on my body. These post's will focus on my struggles to eat right and what I am doing to fix the problem and succeed.

I am a stress eater. I need sweet. Salty. Fruity. Chocolate. You name it. I will eat all day long, then eat regular meals on top of it. THIS HAS TO STOP!!!! Since going off of my anxiety meds, I have gone back to food as my crutch. This has added to my weight gain.

I have learned that being prepared is the most important thing that you can do. I can buy all the healthy food in the world, but if I don't have a plan for it, I will not eat it. So this Sunday I am going to pack up healthy snacks to bring to work every day. Every night I will put what we had for dinner in container's to bring for lunch the next day. Those combined with the already prepared snacks, will hopefully keep me in line.

Due to having a vending machine at work, I will make sure that I will have a combination of healthy snacks to sooth those cravings. This is a mine field that I know I will continue to have to navigate.

Menu planning

I used to get so overwhelmed menu planning. Now that I use a system of a meat for each day of the week, it is easier to plan. This week's menu includes:

Saturday: Pork loin, rice, veggies
Sunday: Beef brisket in the slow cooker, with mashed potatoes and veggies
Monday: Left over's
Tuesday: Chicken in the crock pot (looking for a good recipe)
Wednesday: Spaghetti
Thursday: Fish sticks with mac n cheese
Friday: Home made pizza

For days that we don't have left overs for lunch the next day, we will supplement with sandwiches or frozen dinner's.

My goals this week:
Bring my lunch every day this week.
Drink a ton of water (I am retaining so much that its hard to walk)
Prepare healthy snacks in snack bags (on Sunday) for the week.

Nolen's goal this week:
Do not drink so much Coke
Help keep the girls from snacking so much before and after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment