Saturday, June 21, 2014

In a funk...

This past week was insane. My oldest went to Vacation Bible School with a friend of hers. This meant that every night from 6pm to 8:30pm she was there. This lead to everyone getting to sleep late. In general our whole schedule was thrown off. Then on Friday I watched the same friend from 7am to 5pm. Two tired 7 year olds, plus a two year old was not what I call fun.

In general I have been in a funk the past week or two. I do not know what it is. I think I am looking for a way to be productive. Maybe I am depressed? I have a history of depression and anxiety, but I got off the meds 6 months ago.

I was going to take the whole summer off from work to spend with the girls. Then in the fall I was going to go to work part time in order to afford to go back to school. I want to get my masters degree in education.

I find myself daydreaming about being back in school. Having a life outside of Mommyhood. I think this is why I am in a funk. That and the fact that this week was totally out of my comfort zone.

I like having a schedule. I like knowing when I am going to wake up, when I will be able to go to school. I like having dinner with the family, watching some tv, giving the girls a bath, then bed. This past week that was thrown out the window.

So how am I going to fix this mess. Next week we will return to normal. I think I am going to start looking for a part time job. I was going to return to The Children's Place, but I think I will look for something different. Its all up in the air.

Enough rambling for now...talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment