Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Getting a life

One thing that is very important for stay at home mom's, is to not get in a rut by staying at home. If all you do is stay home, you are asking for depression to take over. Unfortunately, that is what happened to me. For the past two months, I have focused on the kids and getting the house clean. I need to get a life.

Here is what I am doing:

I found a library about 10 minutes from us, that has fantastic children's programs, totally free. They have at least one thing every day for the kids to do. In the process, I will be able to have some adult interaction with the parents. It will also allow the kids to be with other kids. We went there today and the kids had a BLAST!

Secondly, I put in an inquiry with a local mommy group. I was scared to do so, but I need to get out of my comfort zone. I have always heard that it is hard to get involved in an established group. I emailed the group yesterday and the president got back to me today. They are having several get together's this month, one of which is tomorrow. I can go to two get together's before I decide if I want to become a member. There are yearly dues of $25.00. I plan on going tomorrow, so I will let you know how it goes. I sure hope it works out. They even have monthly mommy night out's!

A good friend of mine recommended that I get active. I know she is right. I need to get some exercise every day. Not just in housework or going to the pool with the kids. I need to find some time by myself, where I can workout and be in my own thoughts. So starting tomorrow, I will be returning to my aqua-fit classes three times a week. I will also take advantage of all those personal training sessions I paid for, but didn't use up. This will help me reach my weight loss goals, as well as helping me battle this depression.

If you have any other suggestions for a SAHM looking to "get a life", please don't hesitate to comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment