Sunday, April 13, 2014

Time for reflection...

I have taken some time off from blogging the past few weeks to reflect on my life. Where do I want to be, where do I want to go, and how can I get there.

I believe that God whispers in your ear to guide you where you want to go. Then if you don't listen, he bangs you over the head. I have always wanted to be a teacher. When I started college all those years ago, I was going for my B.A. in education. I was a year away from finishing when I decided to move from Illinois to Texas. I knew it might take me a semester longer at University of Texas at Arlington, than if I had stayed at Roosevelt University. However, since I was moving to be with family I felt it was worth the extra time.

Unfortunately it did not work out that way. UTA switched its program after I transferred and it was going to take me three years to finish. In order to finish up school, I decided to leave school with a B.A. in History. I graduated and continued to work in the automotive industry. I always thought that I would go back and get my masters in education. I decided I would take a few years off to start a family with my new husband.

Many many years later I am still working in the automotive industry. A plus is that I have moved into the training sector. Six months later I still feel that huge draw to teaching school. I cannot deny that what I am doing isn't fulfilling that need. Teaching adults is so different from teaching children.

Last year I was hoping to start my master's, but when Hubby lost his job, I wasn't able to. Now that Hubby is working, I am not going to wait any longer. In order for me to fulfill my dream, I am going to start school THIS YEAR. It is a main focus for me. I am so excited, but also terrified. I will be sharing this journey with you. My goal is to be teaching in a school, not this fall, but next fall.

Until then, I will be trying to balance my life as a mom, working full time and trying to lose this weight I have gained. Should be quite the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment