Thursday, April 17, 2014

It is done...

I gave notice to my job. I am giving them 6 weeks so that they may find a replacement. My last day is my daughter's last day of school. This has not been an easy decision for us. My hubby and I have worked really hard this past year to get to a place, where it is possible. We drive cash cars. We cut our food budget by at least half. We used to eat out 4-5 times a week, now it is once a week. We have not done this without thinking. It has been a lot of hard work and we are comfortable with our decision.

Here are the details:

By staying home we are eliminating $1700 a month in daycare. Currently, after I pay for daycare, I bring home about $75-100 a week. No kidding. Granted, I also pay for healthcare out of my check, but we have worked that out as well.

We currently pay $375 twice a month for health insurance. There is no copay option with my plan, only deductible. We have to pay 100% until we meet our deductible. After that is met, they only pay 80%. So, it was about $100 every time we went to the doctor. In general, the plan sucked. We have now found a plan, yes through Obamacare, We will be paying $345 a month. It has a lower deductible. There is a $35 copay with 100% covered after deductible is met. Maternity (in case we are blessed with another baby) is a flat rate of $250.

I will be enjoying the summer with the girls. I will try to go visit family, as we have not been able to do so for years. I have plans to work with them on their education as well as doing weekly Friday Field Trip Day. I am in the process of coming up with a ton of free field trips that we can do. Hubby is excited that he won't have to do as much housework. I am happy that I will be able to have time to cook and exercise. All in all it looks to be a wonderful summer.

In the fall I will be getting a part time job in the evenings. This will provide me with a source of income that will go directly to paying for school. I will be working toward my Master's in Education. I will attain certification along the way. In the fall, I hope to take one or two classes to get my feet wet and dive head on into the program in January. It has been 10 years since I have been in school, I want to make sure I do this right.

I will be a stay at home mom and going to school. I hope that we will be blessed with that Baby boy we want so much. Then, when I am done with my certification, I will seek a teaching position. Teaching will fulfill a life long dream and it will allow me to be with my family more.

So how is my work handling the news? My manager is super upset about it and won't talk to me at all. Everyone else thinks that I am doing the right thing. I have gotten several "you are meant to be a teacher", comments. My mentor at work even asked if she can continue to be my mentor after I leave. I was so touched. People keep telling me how proud they are of me. I couldn't do this without the opportunities I have been given through my current position. I gained confidence that I am good at teaching.

I will always feel blessed for my years in the Automotive industry. However, it is time to move on. It is time to give myself the opportunity to fulfill my calling. Thank you to all who have supported me along the way. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment