Saturday, February 22, 2014

Turning my life around...

During my entire 8 1/2 year marriage, my husband and I have struggled financially and physically. After my husband was laid off from his job a year ago, we went into extreme survival mode. With two young girls relying on us, we didn't do what we needed to do. The house fell apart around us. We gained weight on top of already being overweight (ok obese). We spent money we should not have and relied on family to get us through.

I spent the past year, so doped up on antidepressants and anxiety meds, that I didn't feel anything. All the joy in my life was gone.

One day I woke up and went downstairs to get in my beloved Odyssey, only to have it gone. The bank took it. I was devastated. Once again a phone call was made to a family member to help bail us out. We got the money and I set off to call the bank and get my van back. After speaking with them, they decided that I couldn't have it back. This was a HUGE wake up call to me. I needed to change. I didn't want to survive anymore, I wanted to live.

This blog will be my journey (in real time) in trying to get my life back. To lose this 70 pounds gained this past year. To develop a savings and debt repayment plan. To live in a way that my children will learn the RIGHT way to do things.

I am off all of my meds, trying to do things in a way to not cause the stress in the first place. To live life without guilt. Will it be easy? No. But neither was living like we were.

To catch you up to today: I am jumping into the wild world of couponing. I am going back to the gym and getting in shape. I am trying to live within a budget. Future posts will be on our day to day struggle and successes.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy my journey. I look forward to comments and advice, pats on the back and support on this journey. Thank you to all who have stuck with us until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment