Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Getting back to the Gym

I love water aerobics (now called Aqua fit). I have horrible knees and it is the only thing I can do without falling over in pain. Due to the fact that I was working a ton of hours, I was unable to go to the gym for about 8 months. Did I stop paying dues that whole time? NO. I always had the intention of going the next day. It never happened.

Now that Nolen is back to work, I can ease up on my work load. So back to the Gym I went. I was expecting no one in class to remember me. But when I walked in, the instructor was so happy to see me, even calling me by name.

My first workout was fantastic. The whole day leading up to going, I really did not want to go. I wanted to go home and crash in bed. So I told myself that I HAD to go. Even if I just went and sat in the sauna. I knew that if I went home, I would not have any alone time at all. I would be pestered by my two gorgeous children and handsome hubby. I knew that I would be stressed as all heck and end up blowing up at someone.

So I went. I got on my suit. Walked into the pool and after two minutes I was very grateful that I decided to go. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I was finally doing something for me. I went home and had a smile. Was relaxed and cuddled with the girls. Nolen said that I looked like I felt like I felt wonderful.

The next day I went into work and changed my work schedule to allow me to get the gym two nights a week and then on Saturday mornings. I told them that unless it was end of month, I would be leaving by 5:00 on Tuesday's and Thursday's. If I needed to work extra hours those days, I would come in earlier in the morning.

It is important to take time for yourself. Those of you who say that paying a gym membership is stupid, I understand where you are coming from. Paying for one you do not use is stupid. However, if you go, it can be the best thing in the world. Working out helps me work off the horrible anxiety I suffer from. I would much rather work out, than take meds.

The one thing I do need to do is to get my membership redone with my work discount. Feel free to pester me about it if I haven't done it by the next time I have to pay dues in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment