Friday, January 9, 2015

Do you make your bed? - Search for a good night sleep series.

Do you make your bed every morning? Growing up this was a requirement. Pretty much the minute you got up, you were to make your bed. Once I moved into my own place, it was rare for me to make my bed. Sure, once a week sheet changing, but the daily bed straightening didn't happen.

This year I decided that I was going to make it a priority to make my bed. Why something so simple? Because it really does lead to a sense of accomplishment. By doing one simple thing in the morning, to make your room neat, sends you on your path for a more productive day.

I know, it sounds weird. Typing this makes me feel like some whack job. Honestly though, I feel different.

By making my bed first thing (and going to the respective rooms in the house to make the other beds), has gotten me more motivated in the morning. I walk into a room and smile. It has lead me to picking up a couple items here and there, helping me to maintain a cleaner house.

By making my bed first thing, I am also less likely to crawl back into it, when I should be getting up and about.

A bonus is that I find that I am sleeping a little better at night. Crawling into a bed that is made, makes it feel special. Your not searching for the sheet that slipped down to the end of the bed, the night before. You can snuggle in, feeling comforted.

So yeah, this is a weird blog post. But I dare you. For the next week, make your bed the minute you get up in the morning. See what it does for your day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment