Thursday, May 21, 2015

Weight Loss Picking Up - Goals

About 6 weeks ago, I started a new job. It is a part time job that I am doing in the evenings, to help us save up to move into a house. This job keeps me on my feet and involves lots of lifting and walking.
I had already made changes to my diet before this and had success losing about 15 pounds, but I was stuck. I knew I needed to get active, but I was so out of shape, that traditional workouts were impossible.

By HAVING to work hard, while on the job, I was able to work past that. I am now stronger and have more endurance. I can feel muscles that I haven't felt in years.

Beside being active, I also have a whole grocery store available to me for snacks while at work. I usually grab two pieces of fruit. Maybe some nuts or a cheese slice. There is also a Subway, so I get to have a turkey sandwich on those long days. In general, I am eating pretty healthy while at work. One more thing, I am drinking a ton of water at work. I don't know if it is because I am so active, or they suck every ounce of humidity out of the store, but I am so thirsty while I am there. Thank goodness for the water and ice machines.

When I set out to lose this weight, I had certain goals. One was to fit back into my favorite pair of jeans. I had been at a weight where I couldn't even get them above my knees. Now I am able to put them on and close them. They aren't all that comfortable to wear, just yet. But they will soon.

My other goal was to lose weight in 25 pound increments. I have lost 24.6 pounds so far, so only about half a pound until I reach my first goal. My reward for that is a fit-bit. I cannot wait!

My second 25 pounds will bring me down to the weight I was when my youngest was born. My husband and I have a personal reward for that goal being reached. One that we will reveal once it happens. We do not want to jinx anything. I will say that during the time I am trying to reach this second goal, I will start training to do a 5K. I am not a runner, but this has always been something I have wanted to do, to prove I could do it. This is huge for me. I mean, I used to pretend my leg was broken during gym class, anytime I had to run. I need to prove to myself that I am capable of running.

My third 25 pound goal, will bring me back down to about 200 pounds. This is where I was when I lost all the weight after having my youngest. I felt really good. I was comfortable in myself and liked how I looked. I was still overweight, but it was the lowest I had been since I got married. My reward for this goal will be a trip to a spa. Whole kit and kaboodle. Massage, facial, mani/pedi. Everything.

My fourth goal is to have a final weight of 175. This may still seem high to people, but I really am built of good German stock and big bones (despite being only 5'5"). The reward for this one isn't going to be revealed until it happens, but it will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment