Tuesday, November 25, 2014

It is a really great start! weight loss journey

I have said it a million times over the past year (and before), that I wanted to get on the road to being healthy and fit. I struggled with finances and just trying to survive, that I was not able to fully focus on my health, until my financial life was in order. After many false starts, I finally did it.

Two weeks ago I decided the time was right and I jumped in. I knew I wanted to do some sort of Paleo or low-carb diet. With PCOS, you should not eat processed foods and you need to limit carbs greatly. I found that the traditional low-carb diet still allowed for too much fat and too little fruit. I love fruit. It is the one thing that I cannot find myself eliminating from my diet. So, after some research I decided to go as Paleo as I could.

Still on a rather tight budget, I cannot do the Paleo diet whole hog. They love grass fed, free range, organics of all kinds. I simply cannot afford to do that completely. Maybe one day. I am going to do as much as I can, without disrupting our tight budget.

Week one went great! I lost about 3.5 pounds. I stayed on plan and was able to give up Coke, without too much issue. I actually made it a whole week on plan! This was huge for me. It had been three years since I had been able to stay on plan.

Week two started out really rough. We were on a very limited food budget, because of an unexpected expense. After a weekend of really bad food and gaining back almost two pounds, I got some good advice and support from some friends. I decided to do my best to eat as close to plan as possible. I got in some extra exercise and made sure I stayed within calorie range. I re-activated my myfitnesspal account and stayed accountable. By the end of week two I was down another 2 pounds.

Halfway through week two, I am down another pound, averaging about .4 lbs a day. We are in Thanksgiving week, so I am making sure to get an hour workout in every day. My oldest complains that she doesn't like me going to the gym every day. I responded with, "do I take you to the park to play every day? Do I cook you really good meals? Do I cuddle with you when every you want?" She said yes. I then added, "Do you want me to be able to do that as long as you are living at home? Do you want me to be around to see you get married and have kids?" She said yes. I said, "Then please let me have the hour and a half a day to myself to make sure I can do that. She gave me a big smile and a hug and said OK.

I have gone from 274.4 to 268.6, with a wobble in there that bad weekend of eating. I feel so good that I am making progress. All who have PCOS, know just how hard losing weight is.

Some how this time it all feels different. We shall see.

I have a goal to do a 5K on or around my birthday, March 16th. I know I can do it if I keep my head down and work toward it. My hopes is that my hubby will join me. I would love for my parents and kids to watch from the sidelines. So I am off to find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment