Friday, October 17, 2014

What a fantastic turn of events...

So much has happened this past year. I started the year working my butt off at a job that took all of my time. Hubby was out of work and trying desperately to find a job that made it worth putting the girls into daycare. He finally found a position that paid pretty well. I was still working way too many hours in order to help make up for the rising daycare costs. It was decided that I would quit my job and be a stay at home mom for the summer. It was a huge risk, but something we thought was the right thing to do.

I was enjoying my summer with the girls. I was working hard at keeping us on a strict budget that would allow us to get to a place where all the bills got paid on time. During this time, Hubby was still looking for a better paying, permanent position. While his salary paid the bills, it left nothing for extras or savings. We were still better off than while I was working and paying for daycare, when we were in the hole $400 every month.

Hubby had a great interview at a company he had previously worked. He passed all the interviews and background checks. But when it came down to it, they never called him for the final offer. Thankfully during this time, he went on an interview with a company that showed great promise. Within two weeks of his first interview, he started. It was the answer to all of our prayers. It was a huge bump in pay.

This new job will allow us to pay all of the bills, replace one of our vehicles and save for the house we want to buy next summer. This is not a time to get lax about our budget or expenses though. This is a time to be grateful for all we have learned and stay on task. We will only get to our goal of owning a house, if we use this extra money to save for that down payment. We need to continue to pay bills on time.

Last weekend we were finally able to have a little fun and took the girls to our local arcade for some fun. We stayed on budget. Shared a soda and popcorn. It was so rewarding. Yesterday I went out with my mom to see the house my parents are having built. I do have to say, it was awfully nice to treat my mom to lunch at Applebee's. I can sit back and relax knowing my commitments are taken care of. Bills are paid for the month. We have money for groceries. Rent will be able to be paid by the first.

On a side note, I didn't want to offend anyone with my last post. I do not want you to think that I think all people who drive new cars or have big houses are not responsible with their finances. I have several friends and family that are. What I was getting at, was that we cannot assume that just because people have these things, that we know their financial status. I wanted to make sure that people realize that we are responsible for our own finances. We cannot rely on other's for our success. They are not here to bail us out. It is up to us to learn, build our own wealth and grow up to be responsible adults. I hope that clears it up a little.

Hugs and love, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment